Friday, December 12, 2008

Too much Yoga


Ouch! I'm walking like a robot today thanks to yesterday's workout regime. Most days consist of running or cycling and I haven't done any yoga in a while. Therefore, yesterday (due to lack of proper brain function) I decided to go for a two hour session. I can barely move my arms, abs or arse. Reminds me of the sloth-like days after a class with Paul at Abhyasa (http://www.abhyasayoga.com/).

I am also avoiding writing a final paper for one of my classes this semester. I have a terrible "end of the semester lack of motivation" vibe going on. Nachos and a burrito would be great catalysts to get back in the groove.

The bird photo is an adorable West African Hornbill. Cute yes, but total jerks! Recently, the cherry tomatoes in the garden have been disappearing and when I went out to the garden today, there were two of these little dudes prancing around and eating the tomatoes like they were at a glutenous tomato day spa. And gutsy too because I was right next to them shaking my finger at their naughtiness and they completely ignored me! I originally thought it was the big lizards (which I am still trying to catch to keep as a pet), but now I know the real culprits.

So I promised not to be too political in this blog but I really need someone to get a message back to George Bush for me....... if any of you happen to be at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, please give this letter to "W"

Dear Jorge,
As an American abroad and former Texas immigrant, I would like to ask if you could please do us all a favor and make a true positive gesture of foreign relations before you leave office? My best suggestion is to take a group of America's finest (or Texans) , fly down to Zimbabwe, and shake the living daylights out of Robert Magabe and his men. Feel free to use any tactics you like but please do something to help the evil situation this man has created. You can do it in the name of America or in the name of the great state of Texas, but most of all please do it to help the senseless pain and suffering these people of Zimbabwe are going through.
Viva Tejas, Tricia

2 comments:

shinta said...

Oh yeah woman... I can tell you..
I miss yoga with you, Beef and Isabelle..... and Paul.
I can't find any good yoga class here... and do it by yourself it's so boring...

should I come over to be a french tutor, a food guinea pig and your yoga compaƱero ???

bhattathiri said...

American Justice Dept upheld Indian Yoga and Meditation





Your website is beautiful, informative and Excellent.

Article by M.P. Bhattathiri, Retired Chief Technical Examiner , to The Govt. of Kerala. Humble request that it may be published in your website and magazine after editing if necessary






In the storm of life we struggle through myriads of stimuli of pressure, stress, and muti-problems that seek for a solution and answer. We are so suppressed by the routine of this every life style that most of us seem helpless. However, if we look closely to ancient techniques we shall discover the magnificent way to understand and realize the ones around us and mostly ourselves. If only we could stop for a moment and allow this to happen…


Let me bow to Indian Maharishi Patanjali with folded hands who helped in removing the impurities of the mind through his writings on Yoga, impurities of speech through his writings on grammar, and impurities of body through his writings on Ayurveda.

The American justice Dept. have recently approved the power of yoga and meditation vide a recent judgement in the American court.” Man Who Slapped Wife Sentenced to Yoga, It's Anger Management, Says Judge." First there was house arrest. Now there's yoga. A judge ordered a man convicted of slapping his wife to take a yoga class as part of his one-year probation. "It's part of anger management," County Criminal Court at Law Judge Larry Standley said of the ancient Hindu philosophy of exercise and well-being. "For people who are into it, it really calms them down. " Standley, a former prosecutor, said the case of James Lee Cross was unique. Cross, a 53-year-old car salesman from Tomball, explained that his wife was struggling with a substance abuse problem and that he struck her on New Year's Eve during an argument about her drinking. "He was trying to get a hold of her because she has a problem," Standley said after the court hearing. "I thought this would help him realize that he only has control over himself." The sentence came as a surprise to Cross, who was told to enroll in a class and report back to Standley on his progress. "I'm not very familiar with it," Cross said of yoga. "From what I understand, it may help in a couple ways, not only as far as mentally settling, but maybe a little weight loss." Darla Magee, an instructor at Yoga Body Houston in River Oaks, said she would recommend that Cross take a basic yoga class emphasizing breathing and including a variety of postures -- forward bends, back bends and twists. "Yoga can help us to get rid of many emotional issues we might have," she said. "It's a spiritual cleanse." Prosecutor Lincoln Goodwin agreed to a sentence of probation without jail time because Cross had no significant criminal history http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2365341.
Yoga which is one of the greatest Indian contribution to the world has got vast potential in all fields.